It’s March 31st – I did it! I made it through 31 days without even a crumb of chocolate passing my lips. I’ve raised over £75 for The British Heart Foundation in April by participating in DeChox. Whilst not eating chocolate for 31 days may not seem like much – I can assure you it has been a true test of willpower for me!
Anyway, where are my manners?! Happy New Month Eve! How has March been for you? For me, March has been a bit of a whirlwind. I don’t feel like I’ve been terribly focussed this month for some reason. I haven’t felt on par for the majority of it, so perhaps that’s why.
Despite this, I was pleasantly surprised when I went to see what I’ve actually achieved versus what I’d planned to achieve!
- I hit my target of walking 280,000 steps this month. Super pleased about this as I didn’t achieve it last month.
- I aimed to lose 5 lb… I lost 8 lb. That’s the weight of the average person’s head!!
- I didn’t manage to give blood 😦 Life got in the way of this one.
My husband ended up having to work away at the last-minute. I couldn’t change my appointment and I didn’t think it was fair to take my son with me. But I will do it this year.
- I didn’t finish my cowl collar. I got a bit distracted and started a caterpillar… which also isn’t finished… yet!!
- It took me until three weeks in, but I eventually did book and have a hot stone massage 🙂
- I’ve got the photos I’ve taken so far in 2017 printed to get this years’ photo memory album underway.
- This is my third blog post this month.
Additionally, I was also super careful with my money and I managed to put a good chunk into savings 🙂
April’s To Do List
And so into April we go. April and May are two of my favourite months. Not only do they both have Bank Holidays in, but I love watching nature come back to life – it’s like the world gets its mojo back! I feel the need for a quiet month this month, so I’m not going to set myself too many goals.
- Take my son on at least two day trips on our Easter week off.
- By my calculations (bear in mind my maths isn’t the best..!), I have only got 6 lb to lose to get my 10% weight lost award, so I aim to get this by the end of April.
- Publish two more blog posts.
- I want to exceed my March step count by 2%, so that will be just over 326,000 steps.
- Finish my 2016 photo memory book.
- Decorate a room or area in the house.
- Book a horse riding lesson.
Final thought: So that’s how my April is shaping up. What about yours? Take some time out of your busy life and have a think about what you’d like to achieve for you in April.