Wow, that’s the fourth month of 2017 over; where is this year going? April has been full of change, challenge and (thankfully), some personal successes. Being 100% honest, it’s been a tricky month to navigate and my April ‘to do’ list hasn’t really been in the forefront of my mind. But I’m OK with that. This has never meant to be something to stress about, more something to help me feel more fufilled in my life. With that in mind, I’m going to focus on what I have achieved, rather than what I haven’t.
- I achieved my 10% weight loss goal which I was over the moon about. In total now I’ve lost 1 stone 6 lb since mid-February. I had no real expectations when I started, so i’m thrilled with this.
- I blogged about a Daily Prompt post which is something I’ve wanted to do for awhile, and when this is published, I will have completed my planned two blog posts in April.
- I’ve completed three weeks flying solo in my new job and have been told I’m doing great.
- We walked a 5.25 mile work, which, although it doesn’t sound
like much, it’s the furthest I’ve ever walked in one stretch – and I walked it all in my wellies!
- I’ve got back into my knitting again and completed three knitting projects.
- I had some much needed me-time in the form of an amazing full body massage and facial. One of my favourite ways to spend nearly two hours.
May brings (for many of us in the UK), two four day working weeks due to the two Bank Holiday Monday’s. Woohooo.
I think May is going to be another tricky month for me, so I’m going to set myself one goal – to look after myself. My mission in May is to make myself a priority. To continously check-in with myself to understand how I’m feeling and make sure I get the me-time I need. Whatever comes my way in May, I will handle with confidence and grace.
Final thought: How was your April, was it a good one, or room for improvement? What do you want May to hold for you, and more importantly, how are you going to make it happen?